Metlinks OTW : 27.02.10
As February draws to an end, I’m getting excited with a feel for spring in the air. The days are also getting longer, and there are signs of budding blooms in small doses. In the mean time, with the French 6 Nations campaign going smoothly, there are lots to look forward to in March.
- Despite the arrival of spring, a weather alert is in place for this Sunday 28 February, for a significant storm/tempest in Île-de-France, with strength of up to 120km/h! Be safe.
- Musée du Quai Branly is hosting a series of Brazilian themed events this week, including workshops of capoeira and barbatuques. Check the listing here, and please note that some has limited places.
- Chopin made Paris his home for 18 years, and for the bicentenary celebration of the birth of this great composer, a number of events have been organised, including free concerts, exhibition and walking tour of Chopin’s Paris.
ChildrenEveryone should be taught all above food and healthy eating. For the curious, heads over to the exhibition of Bon Appétit at Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie – La Villette.
Browse The Web
- Think you’re having a bad day? Reconsider after you read the snippets from Vie de Merde.
- If you’re a student working on your thesis, you’re not alone. Things go wrong all the time, and Thèse de Merde is your alternative venting space.
- English song lyrics translated word by word into French? Check out Pardon My French which will keep you amuse for a bit.
- Finally, a decision is made over the currently closed Paris Zoo. It’s going to be another 4 years before it reopens though…
- Do you know that 2010 is the year of France-Russia in both countries, and there are tons of events hosted countrywide that put emphasis on Franco-Russian relationship.
- Are you aware of Hidden Kitchen? It’s currently on my wishlist, but it’s not stopping me from wanting to share it with you either!