Metlinks OTW : 03.04.10
With a blink of an eye, it is now a few days into April and all the Easter temptations didn’t make it easy for me to resist buying a gazillion and one chocolate eggs, chocolate bunnies, and the very cute chocolate ducks!
- Talking of Easter chocolates, there are chocolate hunts taking place on Sunday 4 April and Monday 5 April, organised by Le Centre des Monuments Nationaux. In Paris, head for the Conciergerie and/or the tower of the Notre Dame Cathedrale.
- Alternatively head over to Bercy Village for their Easter chocolate tasting event on the same days (Sunday and Monday) from 2pm to 6pm.
- Do you consider these items as things you shouldn’t leave France without? I admit to fleur de sel being top of my list, along with caramel au beurre salé.
- Tour Paris interactively. Go on, give it a go.
- Our favourite sommelier Olivier Magny was featured in the New York Times – Going Underground in a Private Paris.
- Confused over the practice of la bise in Paris? Sion recounts her experience in two parts as part of the instalments of Faux Pas Fridays. Here’s part one and part two.
- Thanks to Adam of Invisible Paris, I am setting my alarm clock for 4am Project, on Sunday 4 April (04h @ 04/04). Unfortunately I’m currently not in Paris, so there won’t be any photo of the Eiffel Tower. ;)
- Were you at the Opera metro station a couple of weekends ago and wondered why there were people knitting on some rather comfy sofa? Here’s a photo catch-up of the event.
- The Paris Comedy Festival finishes this weekend. Did you manage to catch any good stand-ups? It’s still not too late to catch this evening or tomorrow’s show!
- A rather interesting take on differences between reactions to affairs between French and American. What say you?