Metlinks OTW : 08.04.10
I am not sure about you but I’ve probably overstuffed myself with Easter chocolate. So no more chocolate for now. Maybe until next week or so. And here is this week’s edition of metlinks. :)
Fun and Socials
- Woohoo, there’s a Venetian Carnival in town this weekend, both Saturday and Sunday from 2.30pm to 6pm at Bastille. Expect a colourful affair!
- Liven up your Sunday with music and dance, food and drink, and be merry – Meredith Mullins reported her experience.
- La Foire du Trône is back at Pelouse de Reuilly (adjacent to Bois du Vincennes) for a few weeks of fun and entertainment before we hit the summer.
- If you are, unlike me, still craving for more chocolates, have a look at the offers by Esprit Chocolat, including tasting workshop and chocolate tour.
- Here’s a documentary foodies shouldn’t miss – Les rois de la pâtisserie.
- A new exhibition opens next Wednesday at the Grande Galerie d’Évolution entitled Dans l’ombre des dinosaures. It runs for 10 months, so plenty of time to catch up on these cool giants that once roamed the earth.
- Bettina Rheims and Serge Bramly have a new exhibition “Follow Rose, Visit Paris” at the BnF Richelieu, running until Sunday 11 July. The photos are by no means conventional, but intriguing.
- Interested in quirky yet stylish furniture? Check out this Eiffel Tower-inspired chair by Caroline Corbeau.
- Hey, a café where you can design and sew your own clothes, or get some classes if you’re a new to the world of sewing? Sweat Shop is the place to go.
- The Paris Marathon takes place this weekend. Go on, go out and cheer the runners this Sunday!