Metlinks OTW : 16.04.10
Ah the chaos of flight cancellations, no thanks to the spread of the plumes of volcanic ashes from Iceland. I hope not many of you are affected by this incident.
- When the flights are back running as usual, and you’re packing but wondering what to bring, check out this Paris packing guide by Badaude. Actually strike that. Just read her blog. It’s too cool for words.
- I don’t know about you but I’ve been hankering for chouquettes. And the best recipe that I’ve tried so far comes from Chocolate and Zucchini.
- An exhibition of photography by Willy Ronis opens today at Monnaie de Paris and will run until 22 August. For more information check out this PDF document.
- Speaking of photography, think you take great shots of Paris and fancy a chance at winning the new monthly Parisian Salon photo contest? Here’s the details. Get snapping!
- As You Like It, or The Tempest? Sam Mendes and Kevin Spacey have brought Shakespeare to Paris as part of the international tour of the plays. Already critically acclaimed in other cities, it’s still not too late to get tickets to watch these plays.
- However, if Shakespeare’s not your thing, but looking for something more French to do, let’s discover the Paris of Adèle Blanc-Sec by walking tour (download the PDF of the walking tour linked from the page).
- If you’re looking for something more energetic, and inspired by the city marathon last week, Sport Passion Organisation is hosting 10km Planet Jogging run at Bois du Boulogne on 25 April.
- In celebration of World Earth Day, a special free documentary screening will be taking place at Pavillon du Lac (Parc de Bercy) on Thursday 22 April at 6pm, entitled The Titanic Syndrome.
- It’s the Indian season at Musée du Quai Branly. Get yourself over there and learn all that you can about specific Indian tribe (Adivasis), their culture, their arts and in a bonus, there are contemporary Indian arts exhibition too.
- Last but not least, woooo, more pedestrianised stretch along the Seine! Goodbye motorways, hello greener space.